Thursday, July 07, 2005

Today, against all odds, was a good day.
I was up late last night, and woke up inexplicably early this morning, and I don't do well when I'm sleep deprived. Bitch and moan, I know, but it's true. However. Ahem.
I was up late last night because I was having not one but two really good talks. That sense of connectedness is so important, and yet when I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed my first instinct is to curl up into a ball by myself. Behind a locked door. The people here are amazing, though, and slowly they've been working at my locks with the picks of patience and openmindedness and good old-fashioned love. Is that the weirdest metaphor ever? I really feel like I could just, I don't know, ask to be held or something, and have that honored or at least responded to in a positive way. See? Beneath the sarcasm and the ascerbic wit, I am in fact a big softy whose primary ambition is to accumulate as many hugs as possible Sure, winning a Nobel Prize for literature and graduating at the top of my year in medical school are also important; without affection, though, it would all be hollow.
That's enough sermonizing for now; more updates (and semicolons!) as events warrant.

No comments: