Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Quotables...

Some suffer from the disease of writing, and it becomes chronic in their sick minds. -Juvenal

It is impossible to write a poem, or perhaps even to really enjoy poetry, without a certain unsoundness of mind. -Macaulay

It's hip to be miserable when you're young and intellectual. -Carly Simon

Fear is a natural reaction to moving closer to the truth. -Pema Chodron

The greatest miracle I know is that even when it appears love can't conquer all, it does. -Anne Lamott (I love, love, love her!!! She is at least part of the reason I'm still here.)

All will be well, and all will be well, and all manner of thing shall be well. --Julian of Norwich

What you did to me made me feel myself something awful / a voice once stentorian is now again meek and muffled / it took me such a long time to get back up the first time you did it / I spent all I had to get it back and now it seems I've been outbidded... -Fiona Apple

Don't give or sell your soul away 'cause all that you have is your soul. - Tracy Chapman

No comments: