Thursday, February 22, 2007


So. I have a semi-creepy thing for older women. Not Brooke Astor old, but I can deal with forty. In this spirit, here's a list of some of the ladies I've fallen for at various times in my life:


1. Isabelle Huppert, after seeing "8 femmes" for the first time (and DEFINITELY after seeing "I [heart] Huckabees" and "La Pianiste.") I mean, look at her, for Goddess' sake! Sooo French! So imperious! Mmm.
2. Angelina Jolie. As a lesbian--hell, as a human being--I feel that I am required to have this fantasy. Note: Mr. and Mrs. Smith Jolie beats the hell out of Tomb Raider Jolie. Also, her name is a French expression of affection. Do I have a thing for the French? Pas de tout!
3. Michele Laroque. Also French. Found in two of the bestest LGBT films ever--Ma Vie en Rose and Le Placard. (Le Placard was the first movie my first girlfriend and I ever saw together...at the Tivoli Theater in Westport...sigh).
4. Briefly, and unfortunately, Madonna (who hasn't had a Madonna phase?)
More to come, campers...I'm tired, and it's late.

No comments: