Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Crazy Christian Links

Yes, I'm a Christian. But what I am not is a fundamentalist. What kind of Christian are you? Here's how you can tell...a quick and easy quiz, from me to you with love. In the fundamentalist spirit, I've narrowed the choices down to two. Because there are two kinds of people in the world...those who love Jesus, and those who don't. (For the record, I'm kidding).

1. A woman has the right to choose...
a) her brand of laundry detergent
b) what happens to her body

2. Children should be
a) seen, but not heard. And if they're heard, they should be beaten.
b) loved and respected as whole human beings.

3. Gays are
a) the spawn of Satan, sent to earth to tempt God-fearing evangelical pastors into sin
b) um, people, like everyone else.

4. The Bible is
a) the infallible and direct word of God.
b) a book of holy scripture, but one written by humans, with the attendant possibility of mistakes

5. President Bush is
a) an inspiration
b)an aggravation

6. I prefer the
a) Old Testament, now with 50% more smiting action!
b) the New Testament, with its message of love and atonement

If you voted mostly A, congratulations! You're an evangelical Christian, like nearly half of the United States of America.
If you voted mostly B, you're a Unitarian, a mainstream Protestant, a Catholic, or maybe even a Quaker. You might as well just call yourself a secular humanist and be done with it.

SO...on to the links.

Jack Chick Publications This man is well-nigh insane. He has gospel tracts on subjects ranging from the evils of Catholicism (there's a tract on the Eucharist called "The Death Cookie" that you HAVE to read), why a healthy Israel is necessary for precipitating the Rapture, why homosexuality is a one-way ticket to hell (multiple tracts about this, including a hilarious one called "Doom Town"). Some of these will make you laugh, while some are tear-jerkers. Others just piss me off. Take a look at it and see what you think.

Brio Magazine I had a subscription to this when I was in elementary and middle school. It's an evangelical magazine for teen girls. "Ask Susie" (the advice column) and the articles about dating are especially fun. If by fun you mean slightly disturbing (which I do).

Breakaway Magazine is the equivalent of Brio, but for teenage guys. Look at the articles about dating here, too. There's one about how kissing before marriage can lead to a breakup when your girlfriend "no longer trusts you." Intriguing.

More to come...

1 comment:

Secret Rapture said...

My inaugural address at the Great White Throne Judgment of the Dead, after I have raptured out billions! The Secret Rapture soon, by my hand!
Read My Inaugural Address
My Site=http://www.angelfire.com/crazy/spaceman
Your jaw will drop!