Thursday, March 08, 2007

Me, my sophomore year, looking pensive...a few months after my first stint in treatment.

And so, appropriately, we have some sophomoric lyrics (courtesy of elliott smith)


pretty (ugly before)

sunshine, been keeping me up for days

there is no night time, it's only a passing phase
and i feel pretty, pretty enough for you

i felt so ugly before, i didn't know what to do
sometimes is all i feel up to now

is it destruction that you require to feel
like somebody wants you, someone that's more for real
sunshine, been keeping me up for days
there is no night time, only a passing phase
and i'll feel pretty, another hour or two...

This is how I'm feeling now. Cautiously optimistic. Pretty damn good, despite being sick. And while I may not feel pretty (oh so pretty) I can tolerate myself, even like myself at times. A step in the right direction, at least, and not at all easy considering the wider culture of college-aged body-obsessed insanity (not to mention American society in general).

No comments: