Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's that time again...the hate list.

1. When I tell people that I'm vegetarian, and they still assume I eat fish. Since when are fish not animals? Since never. Put the flounder down and back away slowly.

2. People who put "live green" or "go organic" bumper stickers on their SUVs. I want so intensely to ding their cars.

3. High heels on Saturday night. Yes, it's your choice, ladies. If you want to wear high heels as you walk the miles from frat house to bar, go ahead. But be aware 1) that high heels were NOT MADE FOR WALKING, and 2) that you make all the sensibly-shod women look bad. And we hate you for it.

4. When 2 or more people are sitting in a room and could be talking to each other, but instead are talking on their cell phones. My cell-phone hate is well documented.

5. Peeps (the candy) that are not yellow chicks. JustBorn, the candy company, has been trying to increase its market share with pink, purple and even Christmas and Valentine's Day Peeps! Just say no to this blasphemy.

6. That it's the middle of April, and Ithaca is forecasted to get several inches of snow over the weekend.

7. That I'm taking next year off...a "gap year" they call it...and while I have options lined up for employment and amusement, I'll most likely be pursuing them in Kansas City, which feels like turning tail and running home.

8. Transitional periods. Graduations, moves, births, marriages. Exciting? Yes. Terrifying? Also yes. Opportunities for unparalleled personal growth and increased self-knowledge? Yes. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

No comments: