Monday, March 03, 2008

So let's say you have a coworker. Hell, let's say you have several--but there's one particular coworker who frequently asks you to help him out with projects. Not big things, nothing that takes up hours of time--just constant little jots and tittles. You work for the same boss, and when the next team meeting rolls around, Coworker receives hearty kudos for a job well done...a job which, by your reckoning, is about 25% yours. You, meanwhile, receive jack shit. I'm not even asking about saying anything to anyone...but are you justified in being ever-so-slightly peeved? Mildly disgruntled? When Coworker asks for help in the future, are you justified in telling him to bugger off?
In the good-news section, I found out today that I'm having an essay published in an anthology! More details as they are forthcoming, and as the publishing agreement gets hashed out! Huzzah! And just when I was beginning to think I should just scrap this whole writing thing (just kidding...I would excise one of my kidneys before I would give up writing. Speaking of which, that might be a good way to get some cash for medical school...Israel recently set the compensation due a kidney donor at $13,000, but I've heard estimates of up to $30,000 stateside). No, seriously, there are major ethical issues associated with selling organs (duh). Maybe I could sell my eggs instead...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the writing thing!

-Andrea

sej_50 said...

congratulations on the publishment! yes, i know i made that word up, but i like and i'm keeping it. also, egg selling-a consideration of my own. i heard you can make some good money in that. god knows i need it!