Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stripes is, and always will be, one of my favorite movies of all time. Even though I know, in my heart, that Bill Murray is probably a total bastard. The combined hilarity of Stripes and Good Morning Vietnam was enough to make me consider, for half a nanosecond, joining the armed forces. And this is why:


Recruiter: Now, are either of you homosexuals?
John Winger: You mean like flaming? Or part time?
Recruiter: Well, it's a question we have to ask of all our new recruits.
Russell Ziskey: No, we're not homosexual, but we are *willing to learn*.
John Winger: Yeah, would they send us someplace special?
Recruiter: I'll just put that as a 'no.'


John Winger: We're all very different people. We're not Watusi, we're not Spartans, we're Americans. With a capital "A", huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts.


General Barnicke: Where have you been soldier?
John Winger: Training, sir.
Soldiers: Training, sir.
General Barnicke: What kind of training?
John Winger: Army training, sir.
Soldiers: Army training, sir.

Like I tell people at work when I'm heading outside for a smoke--"I'll be right back, I just have to go do a thing, with some stuff..." Heh.

No comments: