Wednesday, December 31, 2008

HOPE

And you ask me what I want this year
And I try to make this kind and clear
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days
Cause I don't need boxes wrapped in strings
And designer love and empty things
Just a chance that maybe we'll find better days

So take these words
And sing out loud
Cause everyone is forgiven now
Cause tonight's the night the world begins again
--Better Days, by a band whose name I am too embarrassed to mention.

After 2008, arguably one of the worst years of my life (at least the first half).
For 2009. Happy New Year. Here's hoping.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Anne,
I would have to agree with you on this one. Hopefully 2009 will have better days than 2008... I believe I posted this song on my own blog a few years back. And yet I'm still here, another year gone by, another long year- and I'm sitting right where I was 365 days ago, just hoping for change, going no where fast. Happy New Year, Debby Downer (Jenni B)