Thursday, December 17, 2009

Possible New Year's Resolutions--some real, some not (feel free to try and guess which are which...and to add your own [for yourself, not for me]). Because although it's the night before a big exam--one of few nights when I truly NEED the sleep--I have been visited by the Insomnia Fairy tonight. She's like the Sandman, but instead of dispensing mythical grains of soporific sand, she sprinkles you with crystalline caffeine...or if you're one of those chronically-exposed individuals for whom even caffeine has lost its punch (like a medical student), she uses crystal meth.

1. Decrease parentheticals in my writing.
2. Set aside time every day to write.
3. Try to submit a poem or essay somewhere at least once a month.
4. Quit smoking. Really this time.
5. Tell the people I care about that I care about them.
6. Work on my compulsive fire-starting.
7. Also my regrettable tendency to steal.
8. Enter and train for a road race (10-k or longer).
9. Eat more vegetables.
10. Learn how to cook a new national cuisine--Indian or Chinese would be nice.
11. Eat less fiber.

Is that sleep I feel tugging at my eyelids? Here's hoping...

No comments: