Tuesday, January 05, 2010

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/01/american-christianism-in-africa.html

http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/the_daily_dish/2010/01/american-christianism-in-africa.html

So some U.S. fundamentalists are finally helping Africa do what they've been trying to carry off in America for decades--kill all the gays.
I guess that gives a new meaning to 'mission trip,' not to mention 'intentionally lethal, holier-than-thou, bloodthirsty assholery.'

Words literally fail me. That someone would knowingly help make homosexuality not just a crime, but a hanging offense? You know that means people in Uganda are going to die, right? 'Mr.' Lively is threatened by people who lead lifestyles that are not his own--people do not share his worldview. And for this, he wants them to die and stop threatening the American Nuclear Family (which has pretty much blown itself up without any help from queermos like myself). Were this not so serious an issue, I might even ponder...could Lively possibly be trying to 'kill' some nascent homoerotic tendencies in himself? ("I will not think about dick. I won't, I won't, I won't! Hey--maybe if we rounded up some of those awful homosexuals and started killing them...yeah, that just the defense mechanism I need!") Could Uganda possibly be looking for a scapegoat for the sorry-ass shape their country is in? I smell a fourth reich--but this time they're coming for gays.

No comments: